Next Meeting Information

Next Meeting: May 17, 2017

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Obeying God and Knowing God

Good stuff here from the Pirate Monk guys in thinking about last week's post on obedience.

"Jesus said if you love me you will obey my commandments. And so I often think if I want to love God more, practically speaking, all I have to do is be more obedient. As long as I don't do (fill in the blank) or as long as I do (these five things) I am in "The Zone" and I'm obeying God. Obedience becomes just my own man-made construct. And if that is how I am going about feeling better about loving God, then this really doesn't have anything to do with God..this is really just about me.

What Paul says is I want to know Christ. Forget all these other duties; loving God will be the most natural by-product of knowing him more. Once I know God more, as I draw close to him more, those are the times where sin actually looks distasteful to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment